Recent Posts

Taking over the kitchen

I love it when guests take over the kitchen.  I really do.  I love the sharing and talking, the tasting and the excitement of eating something new when people come in the kitchen and cook.

On the weekend there was plenty of that.  Foraged mussels steamed with garlic from the garden, just-caught fish, steamed and stirred through just-picked garlic scape soup.  Slow roasted juicy pork ribs from a friend's pig and fresh new pink eyes fried crispy in a pan, washed down with cider from down the road and gin from across the peninsula. Food we had grown, caught, foraged ourselves, or knew who did, was prepared, shared and eaten.  It doesn't get any better than that. I love that.  

There was also a dog named Henry, I think I loved him the most.






9 comments:

  1. Perfect Michelle...I love how you capture the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It most certainly doesn't get any better than that. The best kind of food - food with a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought if you on Saturday, while I was drumming like a daemon. I hope all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love people being comfortable in our home and if great food comes with that, then perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photographs Michelle! What a way to spend time to connect with friends, and land. Henry is such a gorgeous dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recognise Henry...he's kinda famous on the internet now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think i love Henry too. Also, mussels? They complete me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Henry is looking cute. Good photographs. xo
    ~ Herman Swan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mm yum my dad always made us chilli mussels in the holidays. Good food good company happy days thanks for reminding me.
    Roselinde

    ReplyDelete