Recent Posts

A well-lit kitchen





Scenes my well-lit kitchen this week, as I work with a team of talented people in our house to cook, shoot and eat amazing food.  Well, it hardly seems like work to me...but it is.

The days start early to get the Rayburn blaring, the crew arrive to set up huge lights and the domestic espresso machine struggles to keep up with demand.  The days end late with tea towels to be washed, leftovers to be stashed (somewhere!) and recipe notes to be written up.

But my oh my.  Everyday I get to pimp my kitchen with vintage jars filled with herbs, flowers and foliage from the garden, and fill my stash of props with ingredients. Not to mention learning so, so much AND getting to taste absolutely delicious food.  It's so much fun.

Our well-lit kitchen now features an industrial bench that we've been dragging around since before Elsa was born. We think we might keep it in it's new spot permanently.

This project is for some online stuff....I'll let you know the details when it's ready...can't wait!

18 comments:

  1. ooooohhhhhhhh so good Michelle! i do love the buzz of a photoshoot or filming. it's so much fun. lots of work but so much fun. cool i will keep a look out. should be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting Michelle, cant wait to hear more about this. Good things happen in your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful Michelle! Can't wait to hear more! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, all those lucky people getting to hang out in your kitchen! Can't wait to see what you are up to too. Loving these little snippets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen looks like such an exciting place to be (and beautiful too!) Can't wait to see what lovely things you've been working on :)

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohmygoodness, so exciting.
    Your kitchen is looking pretty gorgeous.
    I hope we get to see a bit of you too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO exciting - I watched snippets through instagram and am looking forward to the big reveal. The bench looks great in there.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those subway tiles, oh my they are perfect.. your whole kitchen is lovely.
    Can't wait to see the results.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. that bench looks so good in that spot. bet it's handy having all that extra work and storage space too. you seem to have a never ending supply of fabulous old furniture pieces !

    rachel xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. how exciting! Look forward to hearing more. I still *sigh* over your gorgeous homely kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well that just looks like heaven to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. looking forward to seeing what comes of all this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that kitchen makes my heart skip a little...looking forward to the details, x ashley

    ReplyDelete
  14. you have such a wonderful kitchen..

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello! Quite new here, but I must, *must* comment on your/my ideal kitchen. Beautiful. I'm sure you make the most of it, I look forward to checking back now that I've found you x

    http://myvintagepie.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your kitchen is on my top 5 list, what a dream to work in I'm sure. I Look forward to your work seeing where and what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete